Friday 9 December 2011

Found Friday

This is the first of what I am hoping will be a great little weekly post - my 'Found Friday' where I get to share with you the thing I have most enjoyed finding this week.

While we are on the track with all things party and festivity this weeks FF is the 'Australian Women's Weekly Children's Birthday Cake Book' (Collectors' Cookbook). 

This is the real deal - the old school one that my mum has. I have discussed finding and buying it for some time but hadn't gotten around to it - now with my first birthday responsibility as a parent looming I saw it in my local newsagency and I nabbed it.

Flicking through it was like a visit from ghosts of birthday cakes past - mine and my sisters. We would get to choose one and mum would make it, dad would cut the shape and assemble and we would help decorate. It made me smile to look back. I hope I can get a few great ideas from there for all the birthdays to come - even if some of them are a little retro - a typewriter and a handset telephone - you wouldn't!.


No comments:

Post a Comment