Wednesday 14 March 2012

Apple A Day - Day 7 - Lamps

Before I do the final apple in this week of An Apple A Day apple madness I thought I would recap on the apples so far

Day 1 - A little space of his own - an apple inspired nursery for my son
Day 2 - Found Friday - an apple chalkboard
Day 3 - Apple cushions - and I just must add this to the mix - I can't believe I forgot this one the other day it is by far my favourite and it even sits on a red chair like mine




























Day 4 - Apple Brooch - a gift with crunch. I didn't get to give it it's outing but I may well have found the right outfit for it when the weather is a little cooler. Green woollen pants, chartreuse woollen jacket, red pointy flats and a red and white diagonal stripe top. Bold I know. What do you think?





















Day 5 - Kitschspiration - an 80's tile and some glass fruit inspires an eclectic and colourful display in my former kitchen
Day 6 - 3 Bites of the apple - special guest post by one of my lovely sisters who in part inspired the whole apple mania

How do you like them apples?

That brings me to Day 7 - I was struggling here to just do the one thing or theme. There are so many apple things I have found that I love and want to share. I may need to revisit An Apple A Day again - maybe for 2 weeks or even a month! And don't get me started on the related topic of pears - that other gorgeous shaped pome of delight. I haven't even touched on the main thing - they taste great and are fresh and good and crunchy - I feel some apple related recipe testing coming on.

For now though here are 2 gorgeous glowing examples of lighted appley goodness

Qualy Design's Happle Lamp. They also make a Happle Container/ Fruit tray and a lot of other cute and quirky products.






















Follow's limited edition Red Apple Fabric lamp





















In searching for apples I found Follow, a new design concept store based in Surry Hills, Sydney. I am yet to visit the physical store but I can already tell from their online selection that they may well become a new go to for all my gift purchases - for myself and others. They have art prints, jewellery, clothing, textiles and homewares. And look what I found when searching through their products, this wooden apple brooch by Andrea Smith.






















OK that is enough apples - for now.

If you don't care to wait for An Apple A Day round 2 or to see me go all pear shaped then you can always follow my growing Pinterest Board Pome Pome - in celebration of these 2 ever tempting fruits of delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment