Thursday 21 June 2012

Disappearing Act

Hi there - apologies for my recent disappearing act. In case you missed it I was laid flat with a back injury then bogged down with overdue assignments as a result. The back is almost mended and the assignments are almost done so here I am - ta da!

I have been inspired by my own disappearing act to share with you some clever, and beautiful, disappearing acts I have
recently discovered.

This table, chair and bookcase combo called 'As If From Nowhere' by Orla Reynolds I saw recently via Dezeen is fun and clever -
I love the colour, it reminds me of a Rubik's Cube, and I love how it can fit together in so many configurations.


























Mauricio Affonso’s Transforming FAN Table, also seen via Dezeen and inhabit. This table cleverly changes shape in a number of ways but I think each is a nice piece of furniture in itself.
I love the material and the lightness of it - I would love to have a go at fanning this out.






















I am also a fan (excuse the pun) of these folding bookshelves I saw via apartmenttherapy,
so simple and elegant.


























I hope to not disappear like that again any time soon but if you have seen some great 'disappearing' acts in furniture or art or design recently I would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment