Friday 1 June 2012

Found Friday

Oh no I nearly let a 2nd Friday go by without a mention of a single find. Last week's excuse was I was feeling a little less than inspired and I was sure you would know I was faking it if I even attempted. The reason I was feeling uninspired is very much related to this week's excuse - I have been flat on my back with a compressed disc in my spine and loaded up on my friends pain killers 1, 2 & 3.

The first incident occurred on the 20th and while I thought I was on the mend a little task like putting a pram in the car a few days ago reminded me that it was definitely not the case. I am not telling you this to feel sorry for me and I indeed have been trying my best to not feel sorry for myself as well because despite my pain and incapacitation there have been worse things going on in the lives of people I know and in the world generally - I will get better. I am also very grateful that I have had a major help in doing so with the support of my family - how lucky am I? So in light of all this my favourite find this week - and last - is this garland.






























































I don't necessarily go in for a lot of positive affirmation slogans and especially am not one for displaying them - the occasional print out stuck to the fridge maybe, but this says it for me right now. It sums it up beautifully - I am thinking of making one myself for the house because it is good to be reminded every now and then and as far as I see it today really it could be - worse that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment