Tuesday 30 April 2013

A painterly apartment

I have long been a fan of design blog Yellowtrace - part of my morning ritual involves a check of my inbox to see what new inspiring goodness they have to offer. Rarely disappointed, today I was utterly compelled to share it with you.

Upon seeing this apartment I was in interior's heaven - but it also instantly made me think of something.

I have decided that if the 17th century dutch painter Johannes Vermeer, he of the Girl with a Pearl Earring fame, had been a modern interior designer this is the apartment he would give us.

A selection of Vermeer







































Then

The most amazing Old Chalet Refurbishment by Bergdorf & Nick Ruef // Bernese Oberland, Switzerland, as seen on Yellowtrace today, stunningly photographed by Martin Guggisberg.










































What do you think?
Do you think living here would feel as enveloping as the faded and delicately colourful charm of a Vermeer painting?

There are many more beautiful photos of the apartment - make sure you check them out.
http://www.yellowtrace.com.au/2013/04/30/old-chalet-refurbishment-by-bergdorf-bernese-oberland-switzerland/

No comments:

Post a Comment