Friday 21 June 2013

Found Friday

It is no secret here that I love other peoples unfinished craft projects, I have my own as well but they are a frustration rather than a delight. I especially love finding unfinished embroideries and needle points at op-shops and I have no intention of finishing them. It is their incomplete, given up on selves I appreciate so much. The enthusiasm that the project was started with is evident, even in the tiniest areas  of coloured thread, but at some point the maker couldn't make it and here it is right where they finished.















A few weeks ago I found a new favourite in this Paddington Bear 'artist' in the op-shop and I want to frame him just as he is for a children's bedroom wall. (maybe with an iron?) The little speech bubble above the picture of Paddington on the packet says it all "I can't wait to start my Paddington Artist Picture'. I for one am glad they could wait to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment